Health Resource Links for COVID-19 InformationPublished on April 03, 2020
Reposted April 3, 2020
Coronaviruses are spread mainly from person to person through close contact, for example, in a household, workplace or health care centre. COVID-19 is spread by droplets that are sent into the air and onto surfaces when an infected person coughs or sneezes. So, there are everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses. Take these everyday steps to reduce exposure to the virus and protect your health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
If you feel unwell (cough, fever, breathing difficulties), contact your health care provider, public health unit or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000. If you need emergency medical attention you should call 911.
Please take the necessary precautions to keep you, your loved ones and our community safe.