My office is here to help the residents of Kanata-Carleton with Ontario provincial government inquiries. If you aren’t sure about where an item falls, please click here for more information.
The following is a list of helpful links for provincial resources:
- Government of Ontario News
- Ontario News Now
- Ontario Photo Card
- Register a newborn baby
- Service Ontario: offers several services such as requesting a birth, marriage, or death certificate; renewing your driver’s licence or health card; registering your vehicle; becoming an organ or tissue donor; change your address; change your name; hunting and fishing licences; and more
- Get an accessible parking permit
- Ontario Ombudsman: an independent Officer of the Provincial Legislature who oversees complaints about the provincial government when all other complaint mechanisms were unsatisfactory.
- Consumer Protection Ontario: a provincial agency that promotes consumers’ rights.
- Ontario Works: apply for social assistance benefits
- Ontario Disability Support Program: apply for social assistance benefits as a result of a disability
- InfoGo: a directory of Government of Ontario employees and organizations
- Ontario’s ministries: learn about Ontario’s ministries, ministers, and how they serve Ontario.
- Bills before the Legislative Assembly of Ontario: see what legislation your representatives are currently discussing.
- Watch what’s currently happening in the Legislative Chamber
- Visit the Ontario Legislative Assembly
- Free tax filing services for low-income people (note this is a federal program)
- Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre: offers a variety of social services for women, children, and seniors
- Ontario government consultations directory: give your feedback on a variety of initiatives our government is proposing, or is seeking to learn more about
- Find your provincial riding
- Find your federal riding
- Find your city ward
- Seniors: find a place to live
- Subsidized rental housing through Ottawa Community Housing
- Social Housing Registry of Ottawa
- Apply for a public appointment to sit on the boards of a variety of government agencies
- Employment Ontario: a service that helps Ontarians get training, build skills, or find a job.
- Community Employment Resource Centre for Kanata and West Ottawa
- Help finding a job (note this is a municipal program)
- Employment Ontario and social service centres
- The Job Bank (note this is a federal program)
Health care resources:
- Telehealth Ontario: Get fast, free medical advice
- Health Care Connect: find doctors currently accepting new patients
- Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Arnprior Hospital
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO)
- The Royal Ottawa Hospital
- Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN): oversees health care and medical services in the Champlain region. Contact the LHIN if you have a complaint that was not resolved by the doctor or hospital staff.
- Patient Ombudsman: investigates health care complaints. Contact the Ombudsman if you have a complaint that was not resolved by the doctor, hospital staff, or LHIN.
Have a question about something else? Contact my office.